Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Quilter's Cloth

So I'm back into the swing of things. My sewing machine finally arrived and I just have some quilting around the borders of my previous quilt and then the binding to do and then I'm done. The quilt looks absolutely beautiful despite the fact that I had no idea what I was doing the entire time I was making it.

We are now living in a flat in Cambridge owned and furnished by the college. I'm grateful that I don't have to buy furniture but it's a little hard sometimes to make odd bits of furniture blend. At the moment my living room has a dark blue fouton with sky blue cushions constrasting with the bright red couch and the green curtains. So I thought I'd make another quilt that would go over the fouton as an extra blanket for guests and that would tie the colours of the room together a little better.

I had a walk around Cambridge and there's not really much, close to the centre of town, on offer. John Lewis has a few dozen rolls and Cally Co had about the same. Sew Creative had a few more but nothing that jumped out at me.

So I decided to go online shopping instead. Luckily for me the week I was looking for material was the week Quilter's Cloth launched their website. It's a fantastic website, very easy to use, and has a great range. I spent a neat amount of money and am looking forward to buying from there again.

These are just a few that I bought. Not too sure if I'll use all of them, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment