Monday, April 18, 2011

Amy Butler's Sun Surf Halter

I've been desperate to extend my quilting skills to dressmaking and was prompted along the other day when a bunch of Amy Butler patterns caught my eye while I was material browsing in John Lewis. I purchased quite a few of them but thought I'd start off with the easy Sun Surf Halter.

I have never made any clothes before (except for a pair of very baggy pants I made in sewing class in year 7 under the direction of a rather cranky teacher that used to throw chairs at us) so thought I would buy some cheap plain cotton first to practise on.

I learned a few things (like remember to buy matching thread for your machine, try to stitch in a straight line, and having the sewing machine and iron plugged into the same socket so you have to keep switching is a big pain). I also think I will make a much smaller size next time.

I'm very much looking forward to being able to wear this to the beach!





No comments:

Post a Comment